Купить бумажную книгу и читать
По кнопке выше можно купить бумажные варианты этой книги и похожих книг на сайте интернет-магазина "Лабиринт".
Using the button above you can buy paper versions of this book and similar books on the website of the "Labyrinth" online store.
Автор: Sean Duffy
Название: Medieval Ireland: An Encyclopedia
Формат: pdf in rar
Размер: 4.05 Мб
Through violent incursions by the Vikings and the spread of Christianity, medieval Ireland maintained a distinctive Gaelic identity. From the sacred site of Tara to the manuscript illuminations in the Book of Kells, Anglo-Irish relations to the Connachta dynasty, Ireland during the middle ages was a rich and vivid culture.
Medieval Ireland: An Encyclopedia brings together in one authoritative resource the multiple facets of life in Ireland before and after the Anglo-Norman invasion of 1169, from the sixth to sixteenth century. Multidisciplinary in coverage, this A-Z reference work provides information on historical events, economics, politics, the arts, religion, intellectual history, and many other aspects of the period. Written by the world's leading scholars on the subject, this highly accessible reference work will enable students, researchers, and general readers alike to explore topics such as:
* The development of the city of Dublin from the early Irish settlement of Ath Cliath (ford of hurdle-work) in the sixth century C.E. to a thriving medieval city
* The history of kings and kingships in medieval Ireland including political structure, royal dynasties, and historical roots
* Different literary genres including historical tales, satire, aideda, and Irish poetry as well as the outside influence on medieval Irish literature by the Carolingian dynasty, the Anglo-Saxons, the Scottish, and others
* The literary, political, and religious people from the Irish middle ages such as Marianus Scottus, Strongbow, Brian Boru, St. Brigit, and Richard FitzRalph
* The culture and society of the era including music, games, craftwork, role of women, fraternities, and bardic schools
With over 345 essays ranging from 250 to 2,500 words, Medieval Ireland paints a lively and colorful portrait of the time.
Дата создания страницы: